FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 04, 2018
Construction will begin Monday, April 9 on Phase 2 of the Wine Trail – Boucherie Road Upgrade and substantial completion is expected by November 2018.
For the first phase of construction, Boucherie Road will be closed to traffic between Hudson and Ogden Roads. A detour will be in place using Stuart Road, Thacker Drive and Ogden Road and a pedestrian access will be maintained through the construction zone. Access will be maintained for emergency and local traffic. Motorists are asked to be mindful of the neighbourhood and travel slowly and safely through the detour.
Area businesses and facilities are open and customers can access all amenities, stores and services using the detour route. Please refer to the map.
The City of West Kelowna has hired Copcan Civil Ltd. to construct the upgrade of Boucherie Road from Stuart Road to Ogden Road. The upgrade will include construction of:
- 15,300 square metres of asphalt roadway
- 1,200 metres of storm main with varying diametres from 250 mm to 450 mm
- 1,640 metres of 450 mm watermain
- 2,400 metres of concrete curb and gutter
- 4,100 square metres of concrete sidewalk
- 5,700 square metres of cycling track
- 80 ornamental street lights
- Landscape trees, shrubs and irrigation
- Retaining walls
Roundabouts are planned for the Hudson Road/Boucherie Road intersection and the Anders Road/Cordova Way/Boucherie Road intersection, with a closure of the Hudson Road intersection expected in June.
The total cost of the project, including construction, land acquisitions, utilities, watermain, geotechnical and contingency is estimated at $8.75 million.