For Immediate Release
May 08, 2017
The following West Kelowna roads are closed due to high water or stability concerns:
- Shannon Lake Road from east of Shannon View Drive to the intersection with Stevens and Bartley Roads due unsafe conditions caused high water at the bridge over McDougall Creek.
- Motorists accessing Lenz Road will be allowed through the east side of the closure, and Crystal Springs residents will be allowed through the west side of the closure.
- Residents taking students to school at Shannon Lake Elementary are asked not to park on Shannon Ridge Drive as this is currently an alternate route for Shannon Lake Road traffic. Please consider parking on Woodstock Drive, Sandstone Drive, Shannon Way.Residents taking students to school at Constable Neil Bruce Middle are asked to not park on Daimler Drive. Please consider parking on Auburn Road.
- Gellatly Road from Witt Road to Angus Drive due to unsafe conditions caused by slope instability.
- Gellatly Road Bridge over Powers Creek due to unsafe conditions caused by high water. Motorists are asked to avoid parking on the west side of the bridge (from West Kelowna Yacht Club to the Cove Resort) as clean up and restoration efforts are underway.
These closures will remain in place for the foreseeable future. Engineering and Public Works crews will conduct continual monitoring of the roads and the public will be advised as soon as they are safe for use.
Visit www.cordemergency.ca for the latest updates regarding the emergency response to localized flooding in the Central Okanagan, including information on flood preparedness, returning after a flood and disaster financial assistance. Residents are encouraged to e-Subscribe on www.cordemergency.ca to have updates emailed directly to them.