FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
May 30, 2016
2016 Property Tax Notices Are in the Mail
Over 14,000 tax notices are now in the mail to property owners in the City of West Kelowna. Property owners are reminded to claim their Home Owner Grant and pay their taxes by 4:30 p.m. Monday, July 4.
Payments can be made:
- Online or in person through most financial institutions. Please note, some financial institutions will no longer accept in-person payments or homeowner grant applications. Check with your bank beforehand.
- By mail to City of West Kelowna, 2760 Cameron Road, West Kelowna, BC V1Z 2T6; or,
- In person, using cash, debit, cheque or money order (credit cards are not accepted) at Municipal Hall, 2760 Cameron Road, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday, excluding holidays.
If coming in to Municipal Hall, time saving tips include:
- Ensuring the Home Owner Grant application, found on the Property Tax Notice, is completed in full and signed; or, claiming the Home Owner Grant in advance through Online Services at www.westkelownacity.ca;
- If paying by cheque, filling it out in advance and making it payable to the City of West Kelowna and writing the roll number in the memo line; and,
- If paying by debit, ensuring in advance that the daily withdrawal limit on the bank account is enough to cover the amount owing on the tax notice.
Those who are unable to get to Municipal Hall during business hours may use the drop box located to the right of the main entrance. Non-cash payments should be stapled to completed forms and placed in a sealed envelope before being put in the drop box.
Current taxes that are not paid by the close of business on July 4, including any unclaimed Home Owner Grant amounts, are subject to a 10% penalty. Those unable to pay taxes in full can reduce the penalty amount by paying as much as possible and by claiming the Home Owner Grant by July 4. Please note that postmarks are not accepted as a proof of payment date.
For more information please call the City of West Kelowna Tax Department at 778-797-8860.